and it hurts pretty bad. But sometimes we get hurt for a good reason, right?
Bittersweet Joyce is back online, I know I’ve been out for a while…got a lot of “contemplating moments” and I feel like my brain cells are shrinking – of course I’m exaggerating! Or maybe I have a broken logic bone too…
The last few weeks I should say was somewhat dramatic, proof of that is my previous entry, I admit that my emotions got so mixed up and for a moment there I feel like I’m really lost. It was a pretty good turning point in my life, I know this doesn’t happen all the time but I’m thankful that it did.
Here’s a list of the bittersweet truths I realized so far…
1. It’s always better to keep my mouth shut if I haven’t figured out the right things to say – but this is not applicable all the time, there’s always a “right timing” for everything.
2. If I have a problem with someone and I don’t feel like talking to that person to resolve the issue, it’s always a good idea to talk to someone who knows me too well and the other person – the 3rd party can look in to both sides of the story and can make me realize if I’m wrong or right.
3. I can’t trust anyone I consider as a friend – I have no idea how long have I had this attitude that I categorize my friends according to their personality (sounds weird). Like 1 friend is for laughing moments, 1 friend for gossip moments, 1 friend for movie / music stuff, 1 friend for kikay stuff, 1 friend for keeping my secrets, 1 friend that could teach me anything I need to know about life, 1 friend as my eating buddy and the likes. All of these category can be applied to 1 person, but not to all of my friends. Its better to have only a few people who can be all of these type of friend in just 1 person – you get what I mean right?
4. I may be out of focus sometimes, so I need to constantly remind myself of the things that I need to do and how to do it.
5. I can be so impulsive – grrrr!
6. My happiness, my success does not and should not depend on anyone – during those moments that I feel like I’m lost, I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t care about the things that I’m doing. I didn’t know how to motivate myself. I didn’t know how to pull myself up , it felt like I’m 6 ft. underground and the hands that used to hold me is nowhere to be found – yeah I know it sounds dramatic but that’s the bittersweet truth. Until 1 day I realized that I have to pull myself together if I want to succeed, I found happiness from the strangest places on earth and the negative comments should not affect me at all.
I know what I want, I know what I need…somehow I know how to get them, I ask for help whenever it’s necessary, I ask for opinions to help me make a decision but I don’t think I will ever need someone to decide for me.Unless you’re God.
some tumblr stuff that inspired me 🙂
I’m glad that my Mum is always here to support me.I couldn’t thank God enough for giving me such an amazing Mum.